Friday 2 September 2011

In Kuala Lumpur

Jane and I have a lot in common in terms of our beliefs and outlook on the world. Yesterday she high fived me four times because she agreed with what I was saying. Things like the world should be run on love and not money, that positivity should be a much more valued force than negativity etc. We talked about helping people, sharing experiences. However, Jane's Christian beliefs are not something I affiliate myself with, although I can see how she is driven by her belief in God to help people by showing them a way of living and thinking about the world that has worked for her, and she believes will bring peace to troubled people. Personally I'd rather tap into that person's autonomy and empower them to do what’s right for themselves. Whether or not that fitted with the contents of the Bible would be irrelevant. I remind myself it is important to remember that everyone is different, not only in how they reach out to the people around them, but equally, in their hour of need, how they wish to be reached out to.

My body clock is confused by the time difference, especially since they are seven hours ahead here and in China, I will have to get used to operating half a day later than before. For example, I was awake in the middle of the night because at 2am here, it was only 7pm in my body and mind. It was a long wait until 7am, believe me lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment