Sunday 14 August 2011

Last few days in Chester


For the last six years Chester has been my home and tomorrow I'll leave. The past few days have been a whirl of social engagements as I've tried to catch as many of the people I have collected over the years as I could. I feel a cocktail of emotions:

Excitement about my travels and all the newness that awaits me the other side of a 16 hour journey.
Sadness at leaving such a great city that holds so many memories, both good and bad for me. There is something about visiting somewhere for one last time that makes you remember all the things you did there.
A sort of bittersweet happiness to have been surrounded for the past few days by the people I value most in the world, and so many other well wishers. I can't say thank you enough.
An element of panic at how little time and yet so much to do in the way of preparation, not just packing, buying supplies, changing money etc, but emotionally too.

I hope you share this with me, and continue to do so by following my blog.

Until next time,

Katy
x

No comments:

Post a Comment